The Digital Designer will harness their creativity to concept & craft engaging graphic & video content for online, developing assets which spread joy, drive action & deliver results.
This is a great chance to join Diffusion Digital, a team of multidisciplinary marketers, as their Digital Designer. If you believe in the power of moving images, photography and beautifully crafted graphics to drive customer engagement and improve business performance, this is the opportunity for you.
No two days will be the same as you’ll have the opportunity to do whatever it takes to produce engaging online content. From the beginning of each project you’ll be closely involved in understanding the clients branding, their project or retainer requirements, translating creative briefs and strategic insight into concepts and creating assets for social media, online ad campaigns and websites. You’ll love your craft, enjoy being hands-on and relish the chance to flex your creativity across a broad range of deliverables. During any week you might find yourself sourcing & editing imagery, designing motion graphics, identifying photography requirements and producing & editing long & short form video.
If you’re a designer with a few years experience under your belt, and are ready to push your career forward, this is the role for you. As the sole Digital Designer (and creative) at Diffusion you’ll be able to make your mark and have a massive impact on the agency. You’ll thrive in an environment which awards you autonomy, responsibility and the chance to influence the agency’s creative output. In return, you will be joining a small, supportive and highly collaborative team of digital marketers who share your passion and believe in the positive impact good design can have on a brand and its growth. You’ll have a chance to work across a variety of mediums, expand & hone your creative skills and work with premium brands who value the beauty of craft & elegant design.
A typical week
- Work from a creative brief to conceptualise ideas & visuals which are inline with client requirements and strategy
- Bring ideas to life in a variety of ways from hand drawn sketches & scamps to storyboards or explanatory visuals
- Articulate your thinking to internal stakeholders and confidently present ideas to clients with passion & enthusiasm
- Turn concepts and ideas into beautifully crafted still & motion graphics, infographics, illustrations, long & short videos and social content
- Follow, interpret and apply brand guidelines clearly & consistently to your work
- Collaborate with other creators such as copywriters, photographers & art directors if necessary
- Follow direction and apply internal & client feedback to produce finalised designs
- Play an active role in supporting new business and pitches as needed
- Suggest new ways of working to drive efficiencies in the creative process
- Keep learning & exploring new ideas, tools and sources of inspiration to drive the quality of creative deliverables
- Communication; from sharing your passion for great design to explaining your rationale and presenting ideas, you can always clearly articulate your intention
- Time management; you love variety and relish the chance to work across different projects while understanding the need to deliver work to deadline and always being ready for the next challenge
- Creativity; you’re excited by new ideas, new tools and new experiences, using them to inspire your work and spark your imagination
Skills & Experience
- We think this role will suit someone who has made a solid start to their design career, with approximately 3-5 years experience
- Candidates must be able to share a portfolio showcasing both still & moving imagery, across a range of touchpoints. Preference will be given to candidates who share work examples which demonstrate their expertise in motion graphics, video production and social media content
- Examples of illustration, photography and brand identity are desirable and help demonstrate a candidates creative versatility and breadth of experience
- Technical proficiency with design software and technology is a must-have (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro and After Effects. Figma is nice to have.)
- Our strong preference is for a designer with previous experience of working within a marketing agency and presenting work to clients
- This role will suit candidates who thrive in an energetic, social and fast-paced environment and have the confidence to deliver work at pace and to deadline
- As this is the only design role with the agency, this will suit candidates who enjoy working independently, love owning projects, using their initiative and putting ideas forward
- Curious. Asking why (one too many times) to get to what matters
- Contextual. Understanding both hard facts and the emotional states
- Incisive. Getting to the point quickly, with clarity and rationale
- Elegant. Polished outcomes that show “less is…..”
- 25 days holiday per year, as well as the period off between Christmas and New Years Day
- Gympass membership, giving you access to gyms & studios throughout London as well as wellbeing apps & coaches, 1:1 therapy, nutritionists and more
- A vibrant social calendar, packed with a variety of activities from graffiti walking tours to laser tag, drawing clubs and bingo
- Duvet Day – no questions asked emergency day off when need it
- Hybrid working, based on 3 days per week in the office and 2 remote
- Private Healthcare (after 2 years service)
- Access to Life Coaches
- Vipassana Retreats – we pay for and offer a meditation retreat for a week which doesn’t come out of your holiday allowance
- Do Good Day – a day a year to work for a charity of your choice
- One month paid sabbatical leave after 4 years of service
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
How to Apply
Do you think you could be a good fit for the role?
Please apply by emailing your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re usually lucky enough to receive a large volume of applications and although we aim to respond to all candidates, our recruitment team is small so bear with us as we might not always be able to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
We love meeting new people and getting to know potential colleagues. We typically have a 3 stage interview process, which is a blend of online and in-person meetings. These range from an initial introductory chat, through to a more formal final task or presentation stage. We might adapt our process to best suit individual roles or candidates so we’ll always keep you informed about the process, stages and next steps.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diffusion Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire, promote and compensate regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership.